Vintage body parts
I had a super Saturday by
- Getting up early-ish
- Looking at the internet
- Getting iced coffee and doughnuts at Dunkin Donuts
- Taking Beebs to garage sales in Champaign in the rain
- Finally buying the moisturizer I had been out of for a week
- Working my extra hours so I could have a guilt-free Sunday
- watching movies until too late and knitting
The above is a fun garage sale treat--felt board children and labels for their various appendages and articles of clothing. Two boys, two girls. Two white, two black. Exploring not only parts of the body, but race and gender. Beebs has had a wonderful time doing things like putting the white boy in a dress and giving him brown arms. It's funny. As are the exclusive Flanofoam backing grips. I have seen these grips and they are nothing special. In the photo is other garage sale junk.
This fabric is a gift from my friend Sarah, who brought it back all the way from Alaska. I am most fond of the ones with forget me nots, Alaska's state flower. I especially like the one that folded up in the picture because it has rolling hills full of blue flowers and I think that I maybe secretly live there.