Sunday, April 30, 2006

Jolly Stitcher

whiplash




No fear. This one's for my knitting group and one gal in particular, J, who is taking herself away from us and trotting off to a faraway state.

There's really so much "no fear" stuff I could talk about here.
  • The shirt itself is clearly bold, and tells all passers-by, "Yes, I knit. And if you don't like it, you can go to hell."
  • The shirt is for J, who is moving to a brand new city where she doesn't know anybody, and no matter how much of an adventurous soul you might be, that is always a little scary. J is also the person who introduced me to whipup. Very important.
  • The shirt is for my knitting group (everyone will eventually get a slightly less fancy version). When I first moved to Illinois nearly two years ago, these were the people who eased my fears about finding a place on the prarie
About the shirt...
I did the design in Photoshop and then made a screen out of it. (Do you like the rough texture of the lines? I do.) I had been wanting to make a logo for my group for a pretty long time, so I'm glad I finally did it. J's shirt has special embroidered embellishments---a big CU later---in honor of her exit and the fact that we meet in Champaign-Urbana, you know, the hub of my rural area. I really like it, and am eager to get some more of these out to everyone else. I also made a few patches, thinking that they would be cute on a knitting tote. If you're a person out there in the wide world and would like one, let me know.

And yeah, this would have worked for last week's competition as well. Durn modern materials.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lady K said...

That's a great image for punk knitters! Always Craft Dangerously!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Well of course I'm voting for you as it's for me! What a fantastic surprise..you were a woman made for whipup and I am a woman who will be envied in Houston for my cool shirt:-)

5:27 AM  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

Love this! Very nice.

6:00 AM  
Blogger MsFortuknit said...

thats fantastic!~

7:35 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

a-ha! the much talked about shirt! very cool!!

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home