Wednesday, May 17, 2006

See the Señorita


I've been meaning to post this one for a while. I saw this fabric at Cia's Palette a couple of months ago and loved it. I thought it would make a perfect something for Beebs because it had both pink and sculls. (When I was a little girl I thought sculls were yucky, but than again, my Dad didn't sport them on his pants every day.) I also really liked these skirts at Boden with their contrast trim and waistband. And so, the copy skirt was begun.

The contrast trim is done with bias tape, so I got to use my cool Clover bias tape makers that have been sitting in a box since I discovered that applique gives me a tremendous headache. They're really instant gratification fun--you shove one end of a strip of fabric into this metal taper, and then you iron it flat as it comes out the other side. Pretty cool. The other thing I like about this skirt is that I figured out how to make the front of the skirt waist flat with elastic in the back.

Beebs is standing in my kitchen. The kitchen is one of the Work In Progress rooms. Some rooms make quicker progress than others, and the kitchen is at a complete standstill. More on that some other time.

I get to actually give the Jolly Roger shirt tomorrow. We going out for goodbye drinks!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christabel said...

That is truly the coolest fabric in the world.
Nice work!

4:51 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

The shirt does fit! Hurrah!

Of course Micaela is lusting after it and wants to know if she gives you a shirt you could screenprint on it:-)

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home