Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Grace in progress

Because you asked... here is a pic of the Grace sweater in progress. I've just started shaping the neck and sleeves. At least, that's what the pattern tells me I'm doing. With knitting, I lack the intuition that I have with sewing and I have to take their word for it. The color is blue-gray, AKA my favorite color. It reminds me of the beach (where I grew up) and is so soothing.

Color is another knitting hang-up of mine. In sewing and quilting I usually use fabrics that are more than just one color and I look at them as patterns and hues rather than just a color. When I go to pick yarn, I pick the color I like best, which is usually the same thing. Maybe boring. But, knitting in multicolor isn't realy so appealing to me. I'd rather use cloth to mix color.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

It makes a great entry title too!
I hate knitting with multiple colors...love the blue you chose.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hi Dorie, I thought I'd drop by to see what you have to say here. I was hoping for some ideas for your quilt blocks. I'm mostly on vacation this next week. Dh is taking the whole week off, but we are staying home, then after the 4th going camping for a few days. I'll be thinking quilt blocks all week until I have my ideas in place. I've never done a quilt before, though I did do this last months swap, so I'm kind of new to this. Take care.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Fireproofing Orlando said...

Grateful for sharing thiis

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home