Sunday, July 23, 2006

Porch Life

The oppressive heat and humidity that had been sitting on us (and apparently most of the nation) lifted this weekend leaving us with the kind of summer weather one dreams of. I spent lots of time on the porch today having coffee, blowing bubbles, and stitching stitching stitching. My blocks for Tammy for the quilt block swap go out tomorrow, and thanks to an industrious morning, they are looking pretty good. The above is a sneak peek.

The quilt block swap works pretty neat in that you get to choose what kind of block you would like. This could mean a specific pattern, color combination or both. Tammy requested sunbonnet sue blocks, and I requested ones that were gray, blue and green. The other cool thing is that there is a new round each month, so new people can join or you can take a break or whatever. Pretty neat.

The cooler weather also meant that I wasn't afraid to turn my oven on. Beebs and I made banana bread. Yum. There is something about making banana bread that makes me feel like the best mom ever. Probably because my mom used to make it, and it uses whole wheat flour, and it saves those three poor overripe bananas from the rubbish bin, and it's good quality together time. Now, that's something you don't get with every baked good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Oops, I peeked. Can't wait to see what you are sending. These blocks are such an inspiration, I am learning new things and experimenting. Yours will go out today.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Dorie--I received the blocks today. I love them!! You put a lot of hard work into them. I want to really learn how to do the handstitching that you did. It is beautiful.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home