Saturday, July 29, 2006

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Really big thank yous to all who left me a note with something nice to say about the Frounchess Bag. I'm trying to figure out if Blogger lets you get at commenters' emails, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Too bad! I think I'm going to spend some time familiarizing myself with Blogger's inner workings. It could be helpful and who knows, I might come up with some usefuls tools. Anyway, it is so exciting to be a whiplash winner! Thank you.

I've got a lot I want to do this weekend, but no pressure to do any one thing, which is really nice. I think I'll spend some time on the Grace sweater. I had been not working on it because I got to the point where you begin to make the shoulders and the shoulders were two different sizes. I was trying to work with it, but was finally set right by Knitters Who Know Better Than I, and I took that part out. Will try again.

The images up top are my finished blocks for Tammy, which she received. Yea!

The banana bread recipe is based on a recipe from the La Leche League cookbook, Whole Foods for the Whole Family, which has some really great bread recipes (even if the cover image is a little dated and makes you think that the book only has recipes for noodles and sauce).

1 3/4 C. whole wheat flour (or 1 1/4 C. flour and 1/2 C. wheat germ)
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/3 C. oil
1/2 C. honey
2 eggs
3 overripe bananas
1/4 C. hot water
3/4 C. walnuts

Mix first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl.
Mix next 4 ingredients in a large bowl
Add dry ingredients to wet alternating with the hot water.
Stir in nuts.
Pour into a bread pan and bake for 55 minutes at 325, or what I like best, pour into 4 mini bread pans and bake for 40-ish minutes at 325.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

You can set blogger to notify you with each comment into your email. It's in the comments section I think. Then you will get the comment on your email and you can hit reply and email back. Some people have the no comment selected, but most allow the email to show.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home