Sunday, August 06, 2006

How cute?

These booties came out so cute I almost cried. Really. I had one of those "oh my goodness this is so cute and Beebs never got to wear it and now she's way too big and has ratty toenails" moments. Then I got over it because I realized that I could figure out how to adjust the pattern to big girl sizes (heck, grownup sizes if I wanted to) and they would still be cute. Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute.

The booties are from the wonderful free pattern over at Hello my name is Heather. There's also a Bitty Booties flickr group going, to which I added this photo. The pattern was actually easier than I thought it would be. (I was worried about the toe ease.) I made them from a thrifted wool/angora sweater that I felted, excuse me, fulled (thank you craftsanity) and then cut to fit the pattern. And I added yo-yos to the toes. I think I really love yo-yos.

These are going off to Elie's cousin's new baby right after I show them off to Elie's mom, who arrives tomorrow! There will be much tour-giving of our house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home