Saturday, August 26, 2006

Traditional Pinafore

This was the first week of school for Beebs, and I think we're off to a good school year. Wonderful!

I had been wanting to make Beebs a pinafore for quite some time (along with everyday pantaloons, which I have yet to make), so I was so excited to see the pinafore come up as this month's tie one on. I think angry chicken was hoping to see some nifty adult version of the pinafore to wear out, and I would still like to try to make myself one of these hipster pinafores, but I had really been waiting on making one of these traditional ones for the Beebs. I love how the pinafore acknowledges the messy children of the past, and I like the idea of throwing on another layer to keep what's underneath tidy.
This pinafore I made was totally for me, just something I wanted to dress my living dolly in. So, when she asked if she could wear it on the first day of school, I said, you bet! When Elie saw her all ready he pulled me aside, insisting that I couldn't do this to her, that it was as bad as the linebacker shoulder pads my mother sent me to school in way back when. But here's the thing: I liked the shoulder pads and Beebs likes the pinafore.

The material is a ripped dot like swiss dot, and I made the binding from a little pale blue and white floral pattern. I really do like making binding with those clover tools. I used a pattern, Simplicity 8916.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

I love it...and what matters is she loves it. SO it's all good in my mind!

Very sweet picture of her first day of school this year!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Sofia and I are both sitting here admiring the pinafore! I would have been in 7th heaven at that age with one. The years of Holly Hobbie you know...

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home