Thursday, September 14, 2006

Bad hat

This morning I passed a combine going down Main St. I've been rural small town for 2 years now, and it still surprises me. It's that time of year though--the corn is brown and the soy is turning a really pretty golden color. It's especially lovely on my drive home from work when the sun is lower in the sky, and the sky is kind of purple and gray and blue, and the ground is all green and gold and cushiony.

I don't think I'm going to make whiplash this go-round. I finished my hat and it looks pretty crappy. I'm going to try again, but not before tomorrow. That would be just too much. Tomorrow evening I'll be at the car races in my town. I've never been there before, but I'm helping the girl scouts with the 50/50. I am a little intimidated. It will be very loud, and I know zilch about car races.

On a brighter, more familiar note, I'm going up to the Renegade Craft Fair on Saturday! Yup, 2 pals and I are going up to Chicago to scope the crafts and hit the rare shopping (Ikea, Anthropologie, Nordstrom Rack, Trader Joes). I'm putting on my fancy pants with much anticipation.

The above pincushion is my contribution to the August-September Pincushion Challenge. The theme was "recycled", so my little cushion is made from wool sweater, old pillowcase, and vintage buttons. The floss is new :-). I used the tutorial on whipup.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

It's fabulous !! I always wondered what people were putting IN their pincushions. I've seen so many fabulous one!

Yours looks great!

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one cute pincushion! Oooo I wish I could go with you saturday- that sounds like a ton of fun- Enjoy!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home