Tuesday, September 05, 2006

More bitty booties

Awwww.... another pair of adorable baby booties from Heather's pattern. The possibilities of cute are endless with these things. This particular pair will be going to my my cousin's new baby, Ty.

Tonight was the first night of an upholstery class I'm taking at the local community college. I think I'm really going to like it. We decided I should take it because Elie's Mom brought 4 of her really great chairs with her when she came out to see us a few weeks ago. They are beautiful pieces, but the upholstery is very well worn, and when you're a crafty (and thrifty) person like me... right, upholstery class.

So the class is run by a husband and wife team who will be celebrating their golden anniversary this year. He's been upholstering for 50 years and does crazy tricks like spitting tacks onto his hammer and whacking them into a chair in one quick swoop. After one night I already know way more about furniture than I used to, and I have no doubt that I am going to learn much more. Then in the end, I get a really nice wing chair. (And it is really nice, too. The arms have flat tops as opposed to the curvy puffy ones, which I think really makes the chair.)

Now I just have to pick a fabric.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

I've reupholstered a leather chair once for the computer before and had a blast! If I ever do my rocker again I am doing it, not paying someone who ruined it last time!

Have a blast!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

The booties are absolutely adorable - love the stars.

Upholstery class?! Why am I not so fortunate to have something so useful offered at our local community college?

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home