Monday, September 11, 2006

Some blocks I made then sent away


These were my quilt block creations sent to Suzanne in August's quilt block swap. She's received them, so I can show them all to you now. I got the patterns from the humongous collection at Quilter's Cache. The second one is Oh, Susanna--maybe a little bit corny, but perfect for someone name Suzanne, no?

The first is Carrie Nation, which is named after the woman who got famous by taking a hatchet to saloons in order to destroy Demon Rum. Ah, prohibition. I would really like to do a whole quilt made of these blocks. The diagonal lines that appear when you start to put the blocks together are really cool. Oh, I think it could look sooooo good. But there's only so much time in the day.

That's it for now. More soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hedgehog said...

Both are very pretty! Thanks for sharing.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home