Sunday, October 08, 2006

Kool Aid dyed yarn: red & aqua


We finally gave Kool Aid dyeing a try. Wow, is it fun. I think it's a project that both Beebs and I would be happy to do every weekend. It's a containable amount of fun mess with usable results. It doesn't get better than that! I used berry lemonade and tropical punch to get red and aqua. My friend Karen showed me her results in the same flavors, and they were perfect. BTW, did you know that there was a red and aqua swap? A color combination so fun, it gets its own swap. I plan on making a hat for me with the red and aqua and a hat for Beebs with the one she tye-dyed using the two colors.
We're off to the area orchard to get some apples, pumpkins, and my favorite--cider doughnuts!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hedgehog said...

Amazing! Is kool aid doing that to our insides, too?!

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home