Monday, October 16, 2006

Suitable Patchwork Pillow


Whipash again, and oh my, the accessory. It's so hard. There are just too many things that could be accessories. But as my mother says, Which really needs more accessories, your self or your house? The house, by far.

So here you have a little pillow. It will sit on 1960s wing chairs from my mother-in-law, that is, after I reupholster them. Right now those chairs are half torn up in the Rantoul Community Center.


Yesterday at the Bloomington Third Sunday Market I picked up a whole bunch of tailor's fabric samples for 10 cents a piece. They are so pretty and of such good quality that I only wish I had more yardage. I guess it's a good thing I like patchwork. In this pillow, the gold and gray colors are woven silk, and the blue is a wool tweed. I backed it in some extra gray velvet from the chairs.

It's sitting in my car. It was way to dark and rainy to get pictures anywhere else.


whipup

6 Comments:

Blogger Hedgehog said...

Great pillow!!

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pillow, great work!

12:17 PM  
Blogger karrie said...

I love it!

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what it looks like accessorizing your newly upholstered wingback chairs.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Green Kitchen said...

It's gorgeous and very professional looking.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that pillow is lovely, the fabric looks a lot like the fabric in the bag I just made (which I love, by the way).

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home