Sunday, November 12, 2006

Log cabin swap blocks

Log cabin blocks are a good way to get many of your favorite fabrics into one block. I did these with Mom when she was out visiting, and we had so much fun arranging and rearranging the colors to make them just so. The were sent out to my blogless October swap partner at the end of last month. I hope she's enjoying them--they were hard to send away!

Sunday is starting nice and sunny and happy in the household. We made some scones to have with the morning coffee. Yum! I love scones almost as much as doughnuts, but not quite. I'm trying to think out what all we'll do today, but I just don't know. A new knit shop opened up in Urbana, and I'd love to check it out, but I fear that they may be closed on Sunday. I'm sure we'll find something.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute blocks!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are fantastic. I so love the little green calf fabric. so cute. I have been wanting to do one of those forever- thanks for the inspiration.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

The blocks are super fantastic. I think they merge the comtemporary kitchy fabrics with a very old traditional pattern perfectly!!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the fussy cut cow!!!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I love the quilt blocks!!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home