Thursday, November 16, 2006

Redwork quilt WIP: Owl


Is it WIP day already? Where does the time go? I've been WIP-ing a lot this week--Tuesday was my second-to-last upholstery class, and the chair is looking pretty darn good. In fact, from the front it looks done. It has no back.

I've also been gearing up to build a Christmas float with the Scouts. The Christmas parade is this weekend which just seems way to early, and it's theme is Carribean Christmas. Our float is more like Hawaiian Christmas, and I'm somewhat curious to see if anyone challenges us on it. The fun parts: making paper flowers for our hair and grass skirts out of garbage bags. The not so fun part: sitting is the cold, keeping 10 wound-up girls from hurting themselves in the towing garage where we build it. You will note that the fun part does not actually involve building a float.

One final WIP--I'm sending out a pincushion swap package to aiar tomorrow. I want to post it, but I guess I'll be patient!

Owl is from the same pattern book as bunny a few weeks back. Thanks so much to all of you who had nice things to say about the Frances block and my log cabin blocks. Much appreciated!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dorie, this owl is so sweet i can't stand it!! you do such lovely embroidery :)

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home