Thursday, November 23, 2006

So much to smile about

You All
Thank so much for all the nice comments on my last post! It's a little special to me and I'm glad you like it as much as I do.

A Super Artist
Beebs, whom I've always thought to be an excellent artist in a completely unbaised way, was one of four winners in our local paper's holiday art contest. It knocked my socks off-- I didn't even know she had entered as they did it at school. I'm just so pround on so many levels--proud of Beebs' wonderful artwork (she "mixed the yellow and orange so it would look like gold"), and proud that she chose to draw a menorah. We keep both Jewish and Christian traditions in our house, and I know that Beebs has felt a little funny lately about wanting to share her Jewish holidays with friends at school because "they might think they're a little weird". So by seeing this drawing, I know she's OK with it, and that makes me feel good.

A new baby

I have a new nephew! His name is Owen. I haven't seen any pictures yet, but I'm sure he's cute!

grapefruit!

It's grapefruit season

Grapefruit is my favorite fruit (ok, a tie with blueberries) and my dad just sent me a big box of them from Florida. When I told one of my co-workers this, he said something snarky like, "oh, grapefruit. yeah, I wish you could buy those here." He just doesn't get it. These are much better. They are so delicious and they come in a big orange box right to my door, just because someone was thinking about me and knows I love grapefruit.

My sister Lizzie bought a sewing machine
And she's already stared quilting in an obsessed kind of way. Do you see how much fun this could be? We could be quilting sisters. I've been sending her all my favorite links, and she's already made some things.

turkey-head

Thanksgiving
It's delicious. Turkey-head.

1 Comments:

Blogger gigi said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home