Saturday, December 02, 2006

Pincushion Challange Pincushion Swap

McCushion from Vimi

The long-awaited results of the pincushion swap from pincushion challenge are here! (At least, as far as I am concerned.)

McCushion
Above is the lovely pincushion sent to me by Vimi, all the way from Scotland. She wove my tastes (note the gray-blue in the tartan) into a Scottish theme. The thistle is done in soft felt with three dimensional poky parts at the top--very clever and very well done. The back has the Scottish flag worked in felt, and the loop tag is embellish with a "made in Scotland" ribbon. Vimi also made a little bouquet of shrinky dink flower pins. That may be a project I try someday--I don't think Beebs has ever seen shrinky dinks in action.

Vimi also sent the prettiest candies I've ever seen, my favorite being a chocolate truffle log with a little marzipan robin sitting on it. I'll get a better photograph of it before it gets eaten.

owl pillow with houndstooth

Owly Cushion
This is the pincushion I sent out to aiar a couple weeks back. More redwork! And more linen. And more wool. It's really pretty simple, but such nice fabrics, and I love a little bird embroidery.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

both pincushions are BEAUTIFUL!! i love the fabric you chose, and as you already know, i'm a huge fan of your embroidery. it's really fun now to watch as the swaps are revealed. :)

12:48 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

These are beautiful pin cushions!!

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just LOVE your Scottish pincushion. :)

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home