Thursday, January 25, 2007

even more bitty booties


Maybe you thought I was not so serious about these?

striped bitty booties

The top ones were for my good friend Lisa's baby shower. They are from my favoritest red felt that came from an angora/mohair sweater. It felted up more nicely than any other I have seen. The result is so deep and rich and bright red! It's dense enough too that I could leave the edge clean and not need to blanket stitch it. I could have found some creamy felt and made them to match the beautiful, kimono-style layette that Lisa is crocheting for the very soon-to-be baby... I'm sorry Lisa, I just love the red too much!

The stripey pair is from another sweater, one that came pre-felted from Goodwill. Pre-felted thrift sweaters are always a bit of a bittersweet find because you know that the person who gave it away didn't mean for it to get like that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very, very sweet booties. lucky little babes!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

i love the booties...and the red is so beautiful!

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These made me smile, love itty bitty booties. They turned out great.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home