Sunday, January 07, 2007

next stop, the ice capades


These are my November swap blocks, sent to me by Sandi. The are beautifully, painstakingly pieced in icy winter blues and grays. I like 'em a lot.

And speaking of ice, today we actually got out and had a fun family activity--ice skating! We went to the University's ice arena--the unseasonably warm weather we're having makes pond skating out of the question. It was Beebs first time skating and the first time for Elie and I in years. I dusted off the same old pair of skates that I used to wear when I was tweleve. (My younger sister was Kristi Yamaguchi obsessed, and I got to go along for the ride.) I found out that my husband not only enjoys skating, but also has "moves". At one point he pulled to a stop in a down-on-one-knee, prince charming kneel right next to me. Cracked me up. Beebs loved it, and I'm pretty sure that we will become ice arena regulars. Sometimes we get so busy doing our projects, we forget to go out and have fun like that.

1 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Okay, that ice-skating story puts Hubby E in a whole new light, my dear! Trying to picture him in a Prince Charming-way just made my Monday! Thanks!

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home