Sunday, January 21, 2007

red addict


This is my favorite fabric of the moment. It's "sunny side" by alexander henry, bought here. It came yesterday in the mail along with some of the building blocks fabrics, including the fabled tape measure/ruler prints. I don't know what it is about red fabrics, but I can't seem to get enough of them. As much as I love most of my color world to be a sea of gray and blue, I need those little accents of red. I am particularly impressed with how good the above fabric looks with my gray velvet chair. I think it will be both a cushion and a skirt.

We woke up to snow this morning--our first real snowfall of the year. (I'm not counting that icy mess back a couple of months ago.) So, Beebs and I did winterday things, like having cocoa, reading stories, making tiny things, and playing scrabble. I think we played five hours of scrabble this weekend. We've played together at my mother's house before, but this was our first time playing at home. Scrabble is a favorite family pastime, given to us by my maternal grandmother, the reference librarian. Does she have a scrabble dictionary? You bet. It's so cool that Beebs can play now, and I think that I'm more amazed by her strategy than her spelling skills. She's so big with her "Q" on a triple letter score square. Sigh.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is such a sweet story...nothing like scrabble on a cold winters day :)

beautiful fabric! it scared me at first, i thought at first glance it was some needlework you had done...

9:32 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

The fabric is very pretty. Thanks for letting us know where its from!

2:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love your story!
i have been looking for this fabric for a while. it's not available any more at the site you listed...do you know where i can get more or swap or purchase someone's extras?
k

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home