Tuesday, January 16, 2007

redwork swap

redwork swap

Let's have a redwork swap!

We'll be swapping for a handmade item featuring embroidery done in red. If you'd like to join, email me at tumblingblocks AT gmail DOT com with your name, address, & blog if you have one. I'll leave the signup open until Monday and have partners out shortly thereafter. Your finished item should arrive at your partner's house by March 1.

I posted some ideas for projects below, but that's really just a beginning. If you'd like to get to know traditional redwork better, checkout Redwork in Germany. Her flickr profile has even more stuff. Let's see, more resources... Turkey feathers has some great patterns for vintage embroidery in her shop, Pattern Bee. Not all redwork need be traditional, though. Wee Wonderfuls used redwork for her elves, and someone else did a stitchette in redwork.

Thanks! Let me know if you have questions or ideas.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this sounds great!! i'm off to email you now :)

5:37 PM  
Blogger (Angie) Norththreads: said...

Hi Dorie!
Just found your blog & lovin it! I have a redwork group started here-
http://www.flickr.com/groups/redwork/
if you care to join! We can always post your swap over there too!
~cheers~
Angie
http://norththreads.blogspot.com

10:22 AM  
Blogger You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

I would love to be included!!

bitterbetty13@sbcglobal.net

3:38 PM  
Blogger Val said...

I would love to learn how to do redwork and embroidery. Do you have any suggestions.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home