Monday, February 12, 2007

fibers

Jeanne sent me this wonderful yarn that she spun. It's superwash merino, and it's so, so soft. I asked for superwash thinking that I would dye it, but now that I have it I really love its natural color. Is that wrong? I'm thinking about making something like the Knitty Calorimetry with it. It would be cozy and warm.

I spent a good part of Sunday working hard on another unfished housely project. I suggested that maybe I finish painting the stairs, and Elie suggested that maybe I finish the nearly-reupholstered chair in my living room. Good idea. My upholstery class ended late in November, and I hadn't been able to get back into it. That initial lifting of the tack hammer seemed too hard. You know, it's heavy. But, as part of my continued attempt to do projects which improve the general state of my house alongside projects of terrible cuteness, I've pushed through.
I love this stuff. The cotton that they use to pad chairs is very raw and unbelieveably soft. I think it would be great to make a puffy, yet weighty quilt. Kinda like this one Blair posted about a while back. It's smooth yet bumpy.

Mama Cat went to the Softie Awards pool. Thanks for having so many nice things to say about her! Beebs has taken to her pretty strongly, and it does my heart well. She gets carried by one arm up to bed. I think that Mama Cat may get some friends some day soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home