Sunday, February 18, 2007

remember I said I wanted to be rescued by Mr. Plow?

Friday night Eva and I went to an all-council Girl Scout lock-in. I didn't entirely think it was a good idea for us, she's only 6 and all. But, we went because she really wanted to go and I was feeling leader obligation. All in all, it wasn't too bad. We went to bed by 2:30 as opposed to staying up all night. (Awesome card catalog card maker here via bemused.)

gas station mosaic

So, it had snowed 3-4 inches overnight on top of the foot we already had. The roads weren't great, and in my effort to get home I spun out on the interstate and ended up in a drifted ditch. Everyone was completely fine but shaken. State Police said it would be a couple of hours until they could get to us. However, we were rescused from the side of the road by none other than Mr. Plow. How exciting! He took us to the nearest exit, about 15 miles from my exit, where we waited at the gas station convenience store for the police and tow truck to get to us. I had the camera with me so Beebs and I passed the time taking pictures. I love my pocket-size digital camera.

This is my 100th post! Yay! It's not very crafty. I'm kinda bummed about that. I promise I'll get crafty again real soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

It is too crafty!! It's the pictures that you and Beebs took that make it crafty. Glad you are home safely.

1:35 PM  
Blogger gigi said...

I was wondering if you had survived the lock-in!
You're a brave and wonderful mom! ;)

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! I'm glad you both are safe. I sure don't miss driving in the snow.

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 100th! Glad you were okay. It is tough driving home after a Girl Scout lock-in! I was the organizer of one of those for YEARS. Fun, but exhausting!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home