Tuesday, March 20, 2007

not the whale dress!

Yes, the whale dress. We dug out the summer clothes in preparation for an upcoming getaway to someplace warmer. Beebs tried it all on, and many things no longer fit, including the well-loved whale dress. Sad for me.

whale dress
whale shorts

I am not a person who lets a cute nautical print go without a fight. Oh, no not me. I took Tami's advice and did a quick little project to cure The Slows. I think it pretty much worked. Beebs has shorts and I'm back in it! It always feels a little weird to cut into a perfectly serviceable garment. I mean, some other little girl could certainly have enjoyed the whale dress, and there was nothing wrong with it--no holes or anything. But, I didn't want to give it up, and Beebs needed shorts anyway. She's going to pair them with this. I munna eat choo!

Blind man's bluff
with the scraps.

blind man's bluff

Hmmm. Looking at the pictures again, there's no way shorts are ever going to be as cute as a sundress. This is a general statement.

4 Comments:

Blogger erica said...

That dress was so adorable. At least you're able to make a very cute pair of shorts for your getaway. Have a great time.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

What a great way to get more use out of a beloved dress. Glad that you're getting out of The Slows. :-)

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so funny- I just saw that dress at my favorite kids resale shop yesterday. It was much too large for M so I passed on it but I loved it. If you want me to check what size and pick it up for you, I am happy to do so.I think it was an 8. It makes cute shorts too!

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog and had to comment on the whale dress. We have the same dress, both my girls wore it and I too couldn't get rid of it either(or almost all of their other gymboree dresses). I have two huge tubs in the basement full of their clothes that I couldn't part with. One day I plan on making them quilts from all their little girl clothes, but I really liked your idea of making the cute dresses go a big further with the shorts idea. Plus, the shorts could still be part of the quilt. Thanks for the idea and I think the shorts are way cute!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home