Sunday, March 04, 2007

redwork swap results!

redwork swap received!

I opened my redwork swap package from Tami at lemon tree tales yesterday morning. It's pretty fabulous, as you can see. I love a good bird motif, as you might guess from my header, and Tami's is so prettily excuted. The redwork bird is done on a handkercheif and the back of the pillow is soft, argyle felted thrift sweater. It's so cool! Even though I took pictures of it on my gray chair, I've decided that it's going to have its home on my ticking chair instead.



One of the neatest details on Tami's pillow is the white on white embroidery she did on her signature. I think that it's called shadow embroidery? Or maybe that's just an alex anderson thing?

Tami also included some snacky goodness, a contribution to my red fabric addiction, and a cute button collage. Thanks, Tami!

Redwork Mama Cat

And this is what I sent to Tami. Mama Cat #2! Tami is a dollmaker, so I thought she'd have some fun with her. Mama Cat's big white dress was a perfect canvas for redwork. I was really wanting to use some natural linen on this project, and using it for the body let me keep the actual redwork pattern with the traditional red and white.

I've seen quite a few completed redwork swaps out there. They are great! The variety and skill involved is just awesome. Go check them out at the flickr group.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you liked the pillow! I love mama cat and her kitties. I really liked the first ones that you did and was very happy that I got to have my own version. My husband thought that it was pretty cool that the kitties were in mama's skirt. :-)

You know, I can't find the link with the shadow redwork. I thought that I had it bookmarked, but can't find it anymore. Ah, just found it ... you're right, it's just an Alex Anderson invention. But it's still pretty interesting. Thanks for hosting the swap!

www.lemontreetales.com

8:25 AM  
Blogger Clothmatters said...

I was visiting Tami's blog and saw your gorgeous Mama cat and kittens. They are so precious. Very well done.

Connie

12:11 PM  
Blogger Pookie and Fig said...

Too sweet! I really love the mother cat with her little kittens. I imagine my girls would go nuts over them! Beautiful!

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yipes!!! these are both so wonderful!! do you feel like the perfect match? beautiful, beautiful.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Zegi said...

Mama Cat is so cute! And the stitches on the pillow look so perfect.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Dorie said...

I do feel like a perfect match--Thank you!

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you sell these Kitties? I'm interested!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I just caught on to the Redwork craze..a little too late for the swap however. If there is a second swap I would love to sign up! I loved what you made :)

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I loved the bird motiff on the pillow! Recently began redwork myself and would like to do two bird pillows for my mother. Is there a way I could trade designs with you? I am doing a very pretty sleeping pillow right now:-) ....dtlostinthewoods at yahoo. Thank you! Hope to hear correspondence from anyone doing redwork! ~Traci~

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home