Saturday, March 17, 2007

WIP & my new favorite character

I'm in the middle of another softie, but I've been in the middle of it for a while. I think I have a case of what my mother calls "The Slows".

So lets talk about Kima and her Kup,Kup. You've probably seen him--Kup,Kup is a gray guy with rosy cheeks. I think he comes across as a wonderful blend of Japanese, German, and Spanish cuteness. I love so much that Kima has created an entire character who has continuing adventures! She has a profile on her website that describes all of Kup,Kup's favorite things and pastimes. He loves tomato sauce and collecting things in carts. How awesome is that! He has a best friend. It's so fun that Kima keeps true to the profile in all her work, so you can look through it all say say, "Oh, look. There's Kup,Kup enjoying a bottle of tomato sauce on a fine day," or, "Kup,Kup and Lolo better be careful pushing those carts around in the snow. If they tip over, they're going to have to organize them all by color again."

Kima makes really great buttons too. These photos were taken by Kima & used with her permission. They are the Kup,Kups I had to have from her Etsy shop. Too terribly clever!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have to agree!! i have kup kup love too. :) but i wasn't aware of the story line behind it all, thanks for the tip. i just received my bunny pincushion i scored from Kima's shop...her work is just lovely.

and what about your softie? that fabric looks yummy. can't wait to see it finished. i think i have a huge case of "The Slows" too...what could that be all about?

8:34 PM  
Blogger Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Don't you just hate it when "The Slows" come to your doorstep? I find that the best remedy is to get out and look at some art to get fired up. Then come back home and work on something small and quick. That'll usually jumpstart everything again. :-)

8:35 AM  
Blogger You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Klease had me checking out Kup Kup..
what a great little shop!

I also get the slows. But right now I am fired up. I took off a weekend to go play with my family and now I can't wait to get to WORK.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home