Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Feast

For most of the day yesterday I was afraid of the roast in my fridge. It was a very large, very good roast, bought for our seder. See, I had never cooked a roast before and it just seemed like the sort of thing that you could really mess up royally and everyone would be sad. But I didn't mess it up. It came out beautifully, and I am again amazed by the wonderful things that meat does if you just put it on the oven with some salt and pepper.

The macaroons came out pretty good too. And, they take a better picture than the meat.

daffodils

Happy Passover!

7 Comments:

Blogger You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Happy Passover to you!!
Enjoy Eating reclining.. (Make me think of people pulling the la-z -boys up to the table all laid out with the good dishes.)

7:15 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Those macaroons are gorgeous! Can you share the recipe? Congrats on the cooking success!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Monique said...

mmmm the macaroons look delicious! I remember being worried about my first roast too! Who knew?!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Roast and macaroons are my favorites. I would have a roast every week if I could. I have also made macaroons with fat free condensed milk and they still tasted great.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Happy Passover to you! Ooh, homemade macaroons! Man, I just bet that they taste way better than the canned ones from Manischewitz. And roasts are the best meals. So easy to make and as an added bonus, they make the house smell delightful!

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, macaroons! My mouth is watering now.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope your family had a happy celebration. your photos are outstanding! those macaroons look straight out of a cookbook or magazine. yummmm. i know how you feel about the roast, this past thanksgiving i made my first turkey and i couldn't relax until the next day when everyone was confirmed alive and well. :) congrats on a successful feast.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home