Saturday, April 28, 2007

linen bag for Sarah

round bottom linen bag

I've seen many round-bottomed bags out there in blogland lately, like here, and here. This one is my version. I like them all a lot! I made this bag for my friend, Sarah, who always makes French seams, and not because she thinks they're fancy, but because she likes them. Sarah brought me back a set of Clover pom pom makers from her last fiber excursion, mostly because she and the rest of the knit night girls were teasing me about being fancy enough to want a special gadget just for making pom poms. That, and she's incredibly kind and thoughtful. So, of course I had to put a pom pom on the bag.

Ah, spring is so great. We had our first post-dinner popsicles of the year while walking through the yard. New things are coming up all over, and the yard is looking lush, except for the lilacs which did really poorly with the frost a few weeks ago. I am just feeling the happy newness of spring so much! Even the yoga class I've been taking for the last 2 years seems fresh and exciting. I think I've just been going through the motions for a while, but something in my body clicked last week and I'm feeling something more, some kind of joy, in the poses. The back bends are particularly wonderfully.

pretty little details

And speaking of newness, little Ms. Beebs has gotten her ears pierced. I'm thinking she's looking a little grown up.

6 Comments:

Blogger You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

What a lovely bag.. I am going to have a bit of a pom pom fest in the next few days.. I love making creatures from them. And I need the fancy gadget myself. ( The "word verfication" is sayin "nnerdnf".. do you think it taunting me?)

6:44 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Very nice bag! Sofia got her ears pierced for her 7th birthday in January. Unfortunately they still haven't fully healed...

2:59 PM  
Blogger kirsten said...

Love the bag! And the colour of the pompom is gorgeous.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dorie...
I enjoy your blog, even though I don't know you. It's funny though that I have become more connected with my Midwest heritage and memories via Jeanne, who later in life walked down one I had already trod. Life is circuitous. Wish I was as talented as thou.

10:07 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Dorie, you are so sweet! First, THANK YOU for the bag! I just love it -- it now proudly holds my latest and dearest knitting project. It's the perfect size and shape. And, second, I'm so glad you like the pom-pom maker! I actually thought I was being a total goof for picking it up for you. Now I know that my intentions were more well-appreciated than imaginable! :) You inspire kindness.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great bag, I love linen! Have you seen any good ideas for grocery totes? I'm always forgetting to bring my "used" bags back to Whole Foods...maybe if I leave some nice fabric ones in the car?

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home