Friday, April 20, 2007

nesting bowls



The same thing always happens whenever I do a felting project. I put the project in the water with the soap and the hot water, and I let it agitate a cycle, and I pull it out and I panic because it's not working. But it always really is working. It just needs more time. In the end I take it out amazed that I have made something solid out of string.

furry bowl

The nesting bowls (there are 2 of them) are made from natural brown wool using the knitty mancala pattern. The inside of the bigger one is the size of a peanut butter jar. I decided that the bowls needed a bird after seeing the really cute one at Bella Dia. Plus, it was appropriate for the recipent(s) as the bird is for a baby and the bowls are for her mama. It's part of an interesting ongoing swap I'm doing with a group of friends, some of whom don't live close by anymore. Every two months we're sending something knit from 1 skein, plus something handwritten, some words or recipes to share. I know I'm going to love seeing it unfold.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Very cute! And I know who they're going to. Lucky you that she is an internet avoider:-)

7:22 AM  
Blogger kristin said...

what a fun idea for a swap. your birdie and bowls will surely be well received :)

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home