Monday, April 30, 2007

tissue? I hardly know you!


I don't think that I have once in my life asked my mother for a tissue without that being her reply. How could that be? Of course I didn't get the joke when I was very young, so I just though it was funny that you could really know a tissue. I had it explained to me a lot before I got it, and even then it was weird. Like, why would you want to kiss someone you don't even know? Unless maybe you were in France...

Anyway, I have for you a tissue box cozy. It is about as simple as it gets, and it took next to no time to make. Now I can buy the kind of tissues with the lotion in them without worrying about doofussy pictures on the box. (And let me tell you, I was really worrying.) It was a quick and dirty project without even a hemmed seam, but it had been so long since I'd done a whiplash, that I really wanted to participate. It is a very whippy whiplash. I did it by taking strips of linen and just zig-zagging the edges together.


So, do you think I'm worried about running out of red thread? I was tidying up my various sewing areas Sunday morning when I found all these. mmm-hmm. I was tidying on Sunday because we had Wordy Diva +1 over for some lunch and a pouch for plants swap. What fun!

6 Comments:

Blogger Dannielle said...

I am so glad you explained the joke or I would have wasted way too many brain cells trying to figure it out. :-)

Nice tissue box cover!!

10:06 PM  
Blogger twitchy fingers said...

I love it - very organic!

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1: love the tissue box with the red+linen. the raw edges look nice.

2: cool new banner.

3: can i post here how much i really like that bag below too? lovely, lovely.

:)

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its awesome. (and am i stupid? i still kinda dont get the tissue joke...:(

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I like its simplicity.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

OMG, who woulda thought a box of tissues could look so cool? Great idea :)

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home