Monday, May 21, 2007

schnitzels: the fabric of my life

schnitzels

We've just finished a round of housely things that required the house to be in very neat condition. I am so happy that that is all over that I am leaving tiny fabric schnitzels, complete with dangling threads, all over the downstairs.

Seriously, I thought that I would be able to get through the doll quit thing without feeling the desire to participate, but I'm afraid the whiplash challenge might do me in. They are too darn cute! But, I have too many other projects seeking my attention, especially the redwork quilt--the one I started 6 years ago and only need to finish quilting before I have it complete. I though I might have it done for Beebs' birthday, but given that that is on Wednesday, I really don't see it happening.

b-day cake

Speaking of which, we had a fun kid party at our house on Saturday! Here is the cake. I went yarnstorm-style and bought jellybeans for decorating. It doesn't quite look like the Chinese parasol we were imagining, but we opted for more jellybeans rather than elegant simplicity. Plus, this way every girl got the flower on the cake. :-)

One more thing. Doll quilts and redwork reminded me of this. I think it's completely awesome.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Beebs!

I love that Jimmy nardello is in the ground with his friends. it sounds like a mob hit.

xo

7:39 PM  
Blogger Dannielle said...

Love the cake! I got "parasol" before reading far enough to see that it was the look you were going for.

Happy Birthday, Beebs!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Zegi said...

Is that what those little bits of fabric are called?

8:59 AM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

What a cute cake!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cake!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home