Sunday, May 06, 2007

swap happy

hat from Jeanne!

Remember the nesting bowls I made to swap out? Well, I received my swap item from Jeanne this week---pretty awesome, no? It's soft as anything (baby alpaca and and cashmere will do that), fits perfectly, and is made using my best-ever colors (gray and blue). The pattern is adorable (or should I say "hip"?) and suits me very well. This is what it looks like on, though pardon the blurry shot.



Jeanne's redwork tree

Plus I got an extra! I love it so much. Maybe you know why--simple, beautiful redwork. It hangs from a silk cord that Jeanne spun, and has a very appropriate poem on the back. It's hanging in my front room.

redwork in the corner

I feel like I'm going to make out like such a bandit in this swap. All the other girls are much more accomplished knitters than me. Jeanne was doing cables when I was still learning to cast on. Lucky me! This swap really needs a name though. I'm getting tired of calling it that-swap-that-I'm-doing-with -knit-night-girls-from-way -back-and-the-present. Preexisting Friends Swap? Why'd You Move Away Swap? I don't know.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

It looks great on you! Still can't help cringing at the corner though;-)And I love the redwork on the wall, so glad you like it too.

Hm maybe it could be the CU Swap...once upon a time we were all there!

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooo nice goodies. The hat looks perfect. I knit a whole blanket (baby sized) of cables once, 15 years ago and now I just stare at the needles and scratch my head. But I did a whole blanket out of them! Knitting is such a mental block for me. I could sew myself a sedan if I had to, but knitting? No. I think your recipients are making out pretty good too-those nesting bowls were wonderful.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Zegi said...

How about the Keep In Touch swap?

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great on you!

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home