Sunday, June 03, 2007

an array of headbands



Oh, the code-ish side is leaking out onto the craft-ish side today.

Before today, I only had one fabric headband. It's pink and green, and awesome, and really a scarf, but it doesn't really cover all my headband needs. I made myself some new ones today because (1) I should have had a haircut 4 weeks ago, (2) it's Sunday (aka the day day I don't wash my hair), and (3) I wanted to be just a little crafty, but wasn't really up for anything more than sewing tubes. Headbands are both cute and useful! I think I'll wear the polka dot one ten times more than the others.


About the code, I think I'll be moving soon. I'm getting tired of blogger, and I think I'll move over to my own domain and have the blog powered by Ray Camden's BlogCFC. If you write ColdFusion at all , you should check it out. If you don't, here's where it's appealing to me: control and new toy. Blog CFC basically has all the hard thinking part done already. I'd only need to consider the adjustments that make it better for me. The biggest thing I don't like about blogger lately is that I don't get your email addresses when you comment, which is lame. I get a link back to a blogger profile, which is not nearly as useful. We'll see.

5 Comments:

Blogger Momma Me said...

Love the headbands (and the hair by the way!)
I'm attempting a grow out right now and my hair is the longest it's ever been but ever since my daughter was born I have these weird side whispies that I need to hold back.
And now that the humid Midwest summer has arrived I pulled out a 4 ft scarf to tie my hair back with the other day but it's just not doing it for me.
Did you use a tutorial or pattern to make these?
That may be a dumb question but I'm am a complete beginner with all things handmade.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Good luck with the blog move. I agree with you that blogger kinda sucks when it comes to the comment thing. I finally signed up with them just so that I could have a profile to link back to my site. Otherwise I become just anonymous and some people don't like that. Strange why they opt to do it that way.

Cool headbands by the way.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Chara Michele said...

Very cute headbands! I like that polka dot one a lot too:)

I agree with you about blogger, I hate how it doesn't give me an email address. Instead I have to search around for one or just not send an email... I keep thinking I will switch one of these days:)

8:23 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Super cute, but I like the black kitties the best. (By the way, looks like you have a cute haircut too!)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Those headbands are so cute!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home