Sunday, June 24, 2007

composter


We hosted my dad out here this weekend. It was his first time out to Illinois, and it was great to see him. While he was here, he helped me set up this compost bin. We are one step closer to throwing out stuff responsibly. Thanks Dad!

The wallpaper in the guest room all came down before Dad got here, and there were only a couple plaster holes in the ceiling for him to sleep under. As a whole, the room was much, much better than it had been. I did forget to clean on the ceiling fan blades though, so when my dad turned it on he got a big puff of ceiling crud. Oops!

Did you see that July is bag month over at Sew Mama Sew? Looks neat... It also reminds me that I've got a project for you all that's been backlogged in the works for quite some time. Remember the Frounchess bag? I've got a pattern worked up for it, and I just need to get it into deliverable form so I can post it for you. It was supposed to be my blogiversary gift to the world, but um, that was back in April.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I *loved* the frouchless bag. I'm so happy you're making a pattern!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Your composter looks lovely! As it loaded I thought wow our compost just looks nasty, even her scraps looks good. Ha! it is new:-)

Happy fermenting!

7:20 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Yay for composting! J & J set us up nicely with a wooden compost-cage at the house. We love it! I moved it this summer, added a removable "gate" and now we get fantabulous healthy compost for our garden all the time. Yay for responsible kitchening and gardening!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Chara Michele said...

I like that bag! Will definitely have to make one if you put a pattern up! :)

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to comment the other daqy but blogger was not having it! Yes! Frounchess bags! Frounchess bags for everyone! As soon as I get my hands on that pattern I am making hers and hers frounchess bags over here for me and my little. But what fabric to use?

3:28 PM  
Blogger kristin said...

the bag pattern will be a huge success!! :)

and "YAY" for composting!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home