Monday, June 11, 2007

more on the LJ sunhat + I tried one of these

So, the lotta jansdotter sunhat:
I found the pattern easy to follow, and I think that most people who have done a bit of sewing would find it so as well. But here's the thing--you have to have a bit of distrust of any garment that comes in one size only. Obviously, it won't fit everybody. I have what I think is a pretty much medium-size head, and it was just slightly too small for me. As in, I could wear it, but it felt a little tight. To my big-headed friends, and you know who you are, this hat is not for you, unless you don't mind re-sketching the pattern.

I bought the book for the hat more than anything else because it looked just right. The brim doesn't go out too far or down too long. It is just so.

I finally tried one of Blair's flowers. They are fun and quite easy. This one went to Beebs' teacher as an end of the year present. The year is over, man.


Blogger Bitterbetty said...

Ah! The big headed friends! ;) Consider yourself signed up for the swap. Looks like it is going to be fun!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home