Monday, June 11, 2007

more on the LJ sunhat + I tried one of these

So, the lotta jansdotter sunhat:
I found the pattern easy to follow, and I think that most people who have done a bit of sewing would find it so as well. But here's the thing--you have to have a bit of distrust of any garment that comes in one size only. Obviously, it won't fit everybody. I have what I think is a pretty much medium-size head, and it was just slightly too small for me. As in, I could wear it, but it felt a little tight. To my big-headed friends, and you know who you are, this hat is not for you, unless you don't mind re-sketching the pattern.

I bought the book for the hat more than anything else because it looked just right. The brim doesn't go out too far or down too long. It is just so.

I finally tried one of Blair's flowers. They are fun and quite easy. This one went to Beebs' teacher as an end of the year present. The year is over, man.

1 Comments:

Blogger You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Ah! The big headed friends! ;) Consider yourself signed up for the swap. Looks like it is going to be fun!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home