Sunday, June 17, 2007

Pastry Chick or Muesli Girl?

Such was the question posed to me by Kirsten when I commented on her post about joining the Breakfast Sunday flickr group.

Oh, I am such a pastry chick, and Sunday breakfasts are especially likely to contain a baked good of some kind. On Saturday I get up and get going--too much to conquer in the weekend to bother baking breakfast. But on Sunday, we're a little more relaxed, and I really think that one of the best little things in life is Sunday coffee and a scone. I also LOVE donuts, and I know I've mentioned this before because at least one person has found this blog by searching for a "donut sewing pattern", and I've never made one of those. Maybe I should?

wallpaper on the ceiling

I plan on spending most of today looking at the above. That is our guest room ceiling and some of the 6 layers of wallpaper that are stuck to it. That's right, there are 6 layers on the ceiling. And check out this scrap:

the red scrap

Yes, that means that at some point, this room was red wallpaper from floor through ceiling. Wow. We are expecting some much-anticipated company in the next couple weeks (Dad, Mom) and the goal is to have a welcoming guest room, rather than something that makes them feel like they're really part of the renovation process. Elbow grease!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chara Michele said...

6 layers on the ceiling!? I have never heard of anyone wallpapering the ceiling... you would think it would make for a pretty dark room!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy guacamole!!! Six layers? On the CEILING?? Who owned the house before you? That is truly bizarre! At least after you pull it all off you'll regain about 3 square feet of volume that you currently don't have :)

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I think I lived in this house in Buffalo...the worst was the ancient flocked wallpaper---flocking comes off long before the paper does.

Still it was an interesting lesson in the history of interior design...there were a few layers I wish I could have preserved

9:35 AM  
Blogger gigi said...

have a wonderful weekend with your dad!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there was some serious wallpaper love going on in that house over the years, huh? i bet you guys will turn it into such a beautiful guest room.

love the knitting photo below - the white yarn looks so nice.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home