Tuesday, July 03, 2007

a flower pocket apron

apron

The month's Tie One On theme, the pocket, was too irresistible. So here we have a pocket. I love patchwork so much. Of course, it's terribly cute and traditionally the way to use up scraps. But in sewing in modern times, it's also the way to make favorite fabrics stretch out and last. I'm guessing buying fabric for no reason and hoarding it is a fairly modern thing, right?

patchwork flower pocket

My mom is visiting this week, and we are busy having fun. It's totally possible that we'll be a little crafty, but who knows. I'll be back before too long.

Dorie

11 Comments:

Blogger Katie Jean said...

I absolutely love it!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow! All the details you've added are great and that pocket is amazing. Did you design the pattern?

6:43 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Love this apron! Great way to highlight your traditional patchwork while keeping it fresh and modern :)

7:02 AM  
Blogger Green Kitchen said...

It's gorgeous, Dorie. I love it!

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cutest. pocket.ever!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

That's a great apron Dorie! I really like the fabric choices for the flower! And it being on a solid grey ground makes it so modern and chic.

8:15 AM  
Blogger kristin said...

love it!! all gray, red white and black. so perfect!!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

It is gorgeous and so sophisticated looking with the little red shoes and black pants!

Sofi's got the swap item done. It may end up getting mailed from Maryland. I haven't packed yet and we leave tomorrow first thing!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the whole outfit! The apron is gorgeous but with the black pants and those darling red shoes it is just perfect. Nice work as usual!

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colors, love fabric, love the apron! Wish I had made the deadline. Had the best of intentions, but the yard had other ideas.
I'm enjoying everyone else's interpretation of the theme, though.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The detail of your cross stitch on the waistband is stunning! Just the absolute perfect finish to your design. I love traditional blocks with contemporary fabrics, what a beautiful version your pocket is. The whole apron really sings.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home