Saturday, November 04, 2006

Some projects don't turn out so well

I have many ambitious craft plans for today. Like all projects, I'm diving into them with the perfect result floating in my head. Sometimes I get that result in the end, and you all hear about it, and I have pride in making something fabulous. Sometimes it just doesn't turn out. I thought I'd share a couple of the latter with you.

Exhibit A: The Too Small Shower Cap
I love my shower cap. There is one day a week that I allow myself, if so inclined, to not wash my hair. The shower cap is a symbol of lazy, homebody Sundays, and mine is really cute too. It's from Benefit and has little anthopomorfic cat ladies taking bubble baths on it. It was a gift from my sister a few years back. Anyway, I thought that it would be so cool to have vintage fabric shower caps. How hard could that be, right? Well, sizing is tricky, and my old machine just doesn't have a good stretch stitch.

Exhibit B: The Too Big Shower Cap
I did give it a good try though. Twice

Exhibit C: Who Spat on My Boots?
I liked these, no matter how weird, over at anthropologie. Holy crow, they were 78 bucks. I can make them, right? They're basically just a glorified legwarmer. Right? Hmmm... This was my first time knitting without a pattern, and in retrospect, I can see where I went wrong (too large a gauge and I tried to get fancy with some shaping where it was not needed). As with other knitting blunders of mine, Edgar got to try it on. That cat is a meatloaf.

Hope you got a chuckle out of these. I did. Go craft.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tee hee! that cat!

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kitty cozy is too much! Fabulous!!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Green Kitchen said...

My friend has a cat that she calls a loaf, too.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edgar reminds me of a super-fast dinner my mom made when we were kids that she called "pigs in a blanket". It consisted of a hot dog wrapped in crescent roll dough and baked, sometimes with a piece of cheese tucked inside.

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home