Thursday, January 18, 2007

recent swappage

things I sent

My open yours too package came at long last!

Way back in November, I made the above pincushions (and my first linen calendar) for this opened-ended swap hosted by Dawbis. (I was part of round 12.) I had a really good time making them, I think largely because each one was small, and they could be different, so I got to get out some previously unused, but very fun, fabric and play around with it. During that time I was also still taking the upholstery class, and I think that influenced the more tailored aspects of the cushions, like the blue piping on the one tree cushion. I have more pictures of these pincushions on flickr.

hat from bekka

And I got soooooo much. I took a picture of everthing altogether, and then realized that bekka's hat wasn't in it because I had been wearing it. See? I like it.



Then all these things: Moon pencil drawing from barbara, door knocker from shakty, beautiful handmade collage book from annie, sweet clay owl from amanda, little monster prints from zara, fairy sketch from larina, and wonderful appliance notecards from heather.

I've got a good group for the redwork swap, but it's still open through Monday if you know anyone else who'd like to join in. Beebs and I are also gearing up for miniswap. Beebs has been dying for a swap of her own. We are swapping with kristin of honeyflake and her daughter. Should be good!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those petite pincushions are so sweet.
they look beautifully crafted.
glad you guys are excited about the swap.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I love those pincushions and I'm dying to see more of that linen calendar. Is it on your blog anywhere?

7:10 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

i love these pincushions. i want to go home right now and make one. they are adorable!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Karen June said...

Delightful pincushions...love the colors!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home