Sunday, April 08, 2007

oh hoppy day

I think this is the point where I admit that I really do have an obsession with mother softies? Please welcome the return of Nursie Bunny who now has a skirt and floppy ears.

mama bunny

She still has snap nipples that she uses to nurse her three children (she used to have two), who have snap mouths, and she still likes to hold them in a good, tight hug. They like to sleep, mostly.



I made the first lactating bunny for the daughter of a friend of mine who had just received a baby brother. Beebs wanted one for herself then, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I got to thinking about making one. Around the same time, she was seriously lamenting the end of Mini Swap , so I offered to do a swap with her. The swap ended yesterday--Interesting how it just happened to correspond to Easter, no?--she got a nursie bunny and I got this rag doll.

softie girl

With the exception of the stitching on the skinny arms and legs, Beebs did it all herself. It makes me a very proud mama!


Thank you for all the Passover wishes and cooking kudos. If I eat any more eggs this holiday season, I am going to turn into one. We tried Martha's marbleizing technique this year. (I also made Martha's macaroons. They were dairy, but she has many other macaroon recipes to choose from.) We achieved "speckled", but not "marbled". Happy Easter!

7 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Dorie, you rock! Eva is such a lucky kid to have you! :)

7:26 AM  
Blogger Zann said...

GET. OUT. OF. HERE -- nipple snaps?? And their little mouths are snaps, too, so they can nurse? Dorie, you have gone clear over the top, girl. So clever, so unique, and so....
well, sensual, I guess...in a cozy softy kinda way of course. Yeeeha!
I know I need not say: Keep up the good work, because fer-surely you will. And the scrap doll -- Yer girl did good! Definitely a chip off the ol' block. Luv it, luv it. Zann

1:28 PM  
Blogger kristin said...

the nipple snaps are killing me!! really now, you do amaze me.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Dorie said...

Thank you all! I do have to give credit for the nipple snaps idea to my mom and my childhood la leche group. They were the clever ones & I conjured up that memory!

5:19 AM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

Wow, the nipple snaps are such a clever idea.

1:50 PM  
Blogger erica said...

The nipple snap mama bunny is just too cute. And Eva's rag doll is adorable. She's obviously very proud of it.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found you via Two Straight Lines, but I am glad I get to see this bunny! I had a nursing kitty when I was a kid! It laid down and had the same snap configuration. It's nice to see someone else making these. Soo Cute!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home